05 August 2010

Kevin Rudd returns to help campaign

Former Prime Minister and current Member for Griffith, Kevin Rudd (pictured), has delighted supporters by announcing his return to the federal campaign.

Recovering from a gall bladder operation, Mr Rudd was quick to confirm that he had been asked by Prime Minister, Julia Gillard to assist with campaigning in Queensland, and potentially other electorates outside his home state.

"I’ve been requested by Prime Minister Gillard to join the national campaign. I said back on the 24th of June that I was prepared to help. I meant it then and I mean it now. I’m not a quitter", Mr Rudd said.

Mr Rudd was also clear about his motivation in assisting with Labor's national campaign.

"I cannot stand idly by and watch Mr Abbott try to slide into office by default without any real scrutiny being applied, and then allow him to pull down everything our team has spent many years now building up for our country’s future".

Mr Rudd's return to the national stage has been enthusiastically welcomed by Labor supporters and Party members. Social media sites - Facebook and Twitter - were filled with positive messages just minutes after Mr Rudd made his announcement.

1 comment:

  1. Great to see our Kevin back! He is an asset to the Labor cause and a fantastic local Member. Go Kevin!

    ReplyDelete